Mr. Atkin concentrates his practice in the areas of income and estate tax planning. Prior to joining Rodriguez, Horii, Choi & Cafferata LLP, Mr. Atkin was of counsel for Pesin & Associates, P.C., and consulted with accounting firms KPMG, LLP, and Deloitte & Touche, LLP.
Mr. Atkin’s experience includes:
• Counseling on the formation of family limited partnerships and the utilization of various forms of trusts
• Advising on charitable giving structures including charitable remander trusts and supporting organizations
• Advising on issues regarding unrelated business income tax and the self-dealing rules
• Analyzing ownership change limitations on net operating losses and other tax attributes
• Supervising the audit process in matters related to the utilization of net operating losses, including the drafting and review of protest letters and appearances before the Internal Revenue Service
• Day-to-day counseling on issues arising out of estate and income tax planning
• Also admitted to practice in Florida.